Title IV E Program
LOUISIANA CHILD WELFARE TRAINING ACADEMY
TITLE IV-E INTERNSHIP
Is this an Opportunity for You to be a Title IV-E Child Welfare Scholar?
The ideal candidate for the Title IV-E internship with the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) is a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) and Master of Social Work (MSW) student.
Are You Interested in an Internship in the Field of Child Welfare?
If yes, consider DCFS as a possible field placement opportunity that will provide you with a one-year financial scholarship towards your educational expenses.
After the completion of your field internship and graduation, you will gain employment with DCFS as a state employee with benefits.
Recruit, educate, and prepare Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) and Master of Social Work (MSW) students for a profession in public child welfare practice.
Promote collaboration between Southern University School of Social Work, the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and the Child Welfare Training Academy.
To provide a comprehensive array of training and professional development opportunities to individuals who are interested in child welfare, including scholars, DCFS staff and stakeholders.
Through a partnership with DCFS, the Pelican Center, the Child Welfare Training Academy and the University Alliance, we will provide high-quality training and professional development opportunities to ensure a professional, competent and stable child welfare workforce.
SUNO: SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK
TITLE IV-E CHILD WELFARE TRAINING SCHOLARS
Due Date: Initial Deadline – February 28th
Final Deadline – March 31st
- Status of US citizen or permanent resident required.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must meet graduation requirements
- Participate in professional development training and attend conferences
- Participate in Child Welfare Training Academy Children's Corp. group with current and former Title IV-E Scholars
- Participate in research regarding child welfare, both as a scholar and later as an employee of the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS)
- Must meet internship requirements in a designated Department of Children and Family Service Office that require home visits (e.g., Family Services, Foster Care or Adoptions)
- Receive a financial scholarship for the educational expense to include tuition and fees
- Completion of a contract/payback agreement if obligations are not complete
- Must commit to working for the Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services for a minimum of one (1) year subsequent to being awarded the BSW or MSW degree
- Must submit a completed application, transcripts, three (3) letters of references and responses to essay questions
REQUIREMENTS FOR BSW SCHOLARS
- BSW senior entering Field 1
- Must complete two (2) Children, Youth and Families (CYF) electives
- Must maintain good academic standing throughout the program with a 2.5 GPA
- $7,500 Scholarship for educational expense for BSW scholars
REQUIREMENTS FOR MSW SCHOLARS
- MSW senior entering Field Ill
- Concentration: Children Youth and Family (CYF) or Health Mental Health
- Must maintain good academic standing throughout the program with a 3.0 GPA
- $9,500 Scholarship for educational expense for MSW scholars
* Requirements are subject to change