- eLearning Home
- Canvas Login Instructions & “Passport to Canvas” Student Orientation Course
- Online Library Resources
- Upswing and Talk Now - Student Tutoring, Advising, and Mental Health Resources
- Student Non-Academic Grievance Form and Student Academic Grievance Forms
- Online Policy and Procedures
Instructions to Login to Canvas
Welcome back new and returning Knights!
Southern University at New Orleans has integrated Canvas as its new Learning Management System (LMS) for online and campus-based courses.
Note: Faculty/Instructors are required to contact the Office of eLearning (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain their login information before accessing Canvas by clicking on the website link below.
Note: Students, please access Canvas by clicking on the website link and inputting your username and password as formatted below.
Visit the Website:
Canvas Student Username Login
To login to Canvas, please use the
- The first letter of your first name
- The first three letters of your last
- Your two-digit birthdate month
- Your two-digit birthdate day
Canvas Student Password Login
For your Canvas password, please follow the following format:
- Type SUNOnola
- Then use the last (4) digits of your SSN
Note: Your password is case-sensitive.
Passport to Canvas: Student Orientation Course
Once in Canvas, you can click on the Passport to Canvas (Canvas Student
Orientation) course to learn about how to navigate in the Canvas learning
Passport to Canvas consists of nine modules of content that takes your students through everything they need to know about using Canvas as a student. Participants are taken on a tour around the globe stopping at each of our Instructure offices to learn another facet of the Canvas platform and some fun facts about each of our Instructure offices. This course has been designed for middle school through higher education students.
- Keep track of the work you are assigned by your instructor, grades and feedback.
- Organize all of the learning material your instructor has created.
- Help you stay in touch with other members of your class.
Note: If you need assistance with logging into the Canvas LMS, please send an email with your name, U#, phone number and an indication of the problem to email@example.com or call 504-286-5237 for assistance.