- Apply Now
- Faculty / Staff
- Tutoring Labs
- What Can I Do With A Math Degree?
- What type of companies will employ mathematicians?
- Mentoring in Math at SUNO
- Contact Us
- STEM Scholarships/Stipends for Department of Natural Sciences
- Natural Sciences Home
- International Students
- Transfer Applicants
STEM Scholarships/Stipends for Department of Natural Sciences
- The primary objective of the Louis-Stokes Louisiana Alliance for Minority Participation (LS-LAMP)) program is to provide minority STEM students with educational enrichment e.g., peer tutoring, summer research opportunities, conference participation, and modest financial support via book awards, GRE preparation books, and more.
- Minority Science and Engineering Improvement Program (MSEIP) grant supports a variety of activities including the development of pre-college enrichment activities in science.
Tutoring and enhancement of research skills in science education for students.
- Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program seeks to encourage talented science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) majors and professionals to become
K-12 mathematics and science (including engineering and computer science) teachers.
- STEAM “Pipeline Development of Skilled Workforce in STEM through Advanced Manufacturing (STEAM)" under the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). The grant support undergraduate (Math and Engineering) students to learn how to use both Creo and MATLAB software, which are solid modeler software that can be used to create, analyze, and view shapes and product designs utilizing a 3D printer. In addition, the grant supports the outreach summer program for four weeks and 25 to 30 high school students.
- Southern University at New Orleans encourages students to apply for scholarships/stipends. Go to http://www.suno.edu/page/financial-aid-scholarships to see what is offered.