Through the State of Louisiana, Office of Group Benefits (OGB), SUNO is able to provide its eligible employees with access to key wellness programs to include:
• Disease Management program. Be Stronger Than any diagnosis. Find your strength with support from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana’s team of nurses, dietitians and social workers. Members diagnosed with diabetes, coronary artery disease, chronic heart failure, asthma, or chronic obtrusive pulmonary disease may be eligible to participate. Visit OGB at Disease Management for more information.
• Diabetes Prevention. Members who are diagnosed with prediabetes or at high risk for type 2 diabetes may be eligible for Omada, a 16-week diabetes prevention program from Blue Cross and Omada Health. The Omada program is designed to help individuals, including those with prediabetes, lose weight and make healthier choices. Combining a professional health coach with an understanding and supportive small group, a flexible online format and a growing pool of healthy resources, Omada is a profound, lifestyle-changing experience.
• Live Better Louisiana. This is an OGB program that will give Blue Cross plan members resources to help them better monitor their health, understand their risk factors and make educated choices that keep them healthier. Click here to learn more about Our Game plan for Better health.
• BlueCareLA. BlueCare lets you have doctor visits online without taking time off from work. BlueCare is available 24/7 with no appointment needed. It is open to you and any dependents (children, spouse, etc.) covered on your plan. Go to www.BlueCareLA.com or get the BlueCare app for Android or iPhone.
• Quit With Us, LA. State employees who are ready to quit smoking or using tobacco are encouraged to enroll in a tobacco cessation program through the Louisiana Tobacco Quitline (1-800-QUIT-NOW).