Final grades of each semester are officially recorded and filed in the Register's Office. Students may obtain certified copies of their academic records from the Records Office upon written request.
Official transcripts are issued for the purpose of transferring credits to other colleges, universities, certifying agencies, etc.
The first official copy is furnished without cost. Each additional transcript costs $10. A written request, along with a receipt for the payment of the $10 fee must be submitted for each additional transcript. Transcripts requested for academic advisement are available without cost.
If you are receiving a transcript for someone else, you will need written permission from the student with their (the student’s) signature on it, and a copy of the student’s ID.
Official transcripts cannot be released until all indebtedness to the University is paid in full.
To request a transcript from Southern University at New Orleans, you may complete a transcript request form in the Registrar's Office, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., or you may complete the Online Transcript Request Form, or send your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also can submit requests by mail to:
Southern University at New Orleans
Office of Records
6400 Press Drive
New Orleans, LA 70126
Telephone requests are not accepted.
Requests must contain the following information:
- Any other name(s) used while attending SUNO
- SSN/Banner Number
- Date of Birth
- Dates of Attendance
- Whether or not you graduated from SUNO (Yes or No)
- Number of Transcripts you are requesting
- A complete mailing address of each person or institution to which they should be sent (You are responsible for the address)
- Please note if you would like to pick up your transcript(s)
- FAX requests must include the FAX number and name of the recipients *(A faxed transcript is not considered an official transcript)
- Student’s signature.
- Cell or daytime phone number and e-mail address