Federal TEACH Grant Program
Federal Teach Grant Program
The Federal TEACH Grant program provides funds to students who are completing or planning to complete coursework required to begin a career in teaching. Students must agree to serve for at least four years as a full-time highly qualified teacher in a high-need field and in a school serving low-income students. Eligible students may receive up to $4,000 per year in Teach Grant funds, up to a maximum of $16,000 for undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study, and $8,000 for graduate study ($4,000 per year). In order to be eligible for a Teach Grant, students must:
- Complete a FAFSA. Financial need is not required.
- Be in an eligible program:
- An undergraduate program that will lead to becoming a “highly qualified teacher”
- in a high-need field.
- SUNO’s post-baccalaureate teacher credential program in Education and
- Human Development does not qualify.
Please submit the following TEACH Grant Forms
- SUNO TEACH Checklist Form
- Federal TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve (please visit studentloans.gov )
- Federal TEACH Grant Counseling (please visit studentloans.gov )
- Federal TEACH Grant Initial and Subsequent Counseling (please visit studentloans.gov )
** must be completed every school year