Office of Communications
The Office of Communications is the primary liaison between the university and the news media. The office promotes newsworthy stories on important issues and accomplishments.
News coverage is a key element in any integrated communications effort. Media Relations seeks ways to generate coverage that will enhance the image of Southern University and strengthen the university's mission. Depending on the nature of the story, we work with reporters representing local, regional, and national media. The Office of Communications would like the opportunity to work with faculty when they:
- Have completed interesting or groundbreaking research;
- Are involved in an outreach project that helps people live better or meets a compelling human need;
- Use innovative teaching techniques in the classroom or laboratory;
- Win a major award or recognition;
- Can offer an expert opinion on a current major news story;
- Need advice on how to handle a complex, controversial or difficult issue in the media;
- Have students who are doing great things.
To submit a news item, please email, Regine Williams.