Admissions | Application Information
ADMISSIONS APPLICATION INFORMATION
NOTE: If you are currently enrolled at SUNO, you do not need to complete another application for admission.
I am a freshman if I can answer “yes” to at least one of the following statements:
- I will be attending Southern University in the summer or the fall after graduating high school.
- I have taken a few Dual Enrollment courses while in high school and looking forward to having my credits added to my official transcript before my first year in college
- I have NEVER attended college since leaving high school, regardless of my age or whether I ever graduated from high school.
*Taking courses in the summer immediately following high school graduation does not make you a transfer student.
I am a transfer if I can answer “yes” to all of the following statements:
- I want to transfer credits from my current institution to SUNO to earn my first bachelor’s degree.
- I am no longer attending high school, regardless of how old I am.
- I completed college courses after graduating from high school.
I am a readmit if I can answer "yes" to the following statement below:
- I was previously enrolled at SUNO but left prior to completing the requirements for my degree, and would like to re-enter SUNO for the purpose of completing my degree.
Dual Enrollment Students
I am a dual enrollment if I can answer "yes" to all of the following statements:
- I wish to take courses at SUNO while presently enrolled as a high school student.
- My high school counselor has approved my ability to take college coursework at SUNO and has submitted all of my required supplemental documents.
*Please note that only counselors who have been working directly with SUNO undergraduate admissions staff will be permitted to apply and attend SUNO as dual enrollment students. Enrollment applications of students who have not been approved will be withdrawn*
NOTE: Dual Enrollment students must create a new application for admission each term. Cross Enrollment Students
I am a cross-enrollment student if I can answer "yes" to the following statements:
- I am currently enrolled at a regionally accredited college or university that is not SUNO
- I have completed registration at the institution for which I am currently enrolled
- I have completed the financial aid requirements at the institution where I am currently enrolled and will not be adding SUNO to my FAFSA application.
Post Baccalaureate Students
I am a post-baccalaureate student if I can answer "yes" to the following statements:
- I have completed or will complete, a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university before I enroll at SUNO.
- I am electing to earn a second bachelor’s degree or who are preparing for entrance to graduate or professional school.
This status includes SUNO undergraduates who anticipate earning their first bachelor’s degree and wish to pursue a second degree at SUNO.
- I am seeking to earn a postbaccalaureate certificate.
I am a visiting student if I can answer "yes" to one of the following statements below:
- I am not seeking a degree and only wish to take one or two classes. I know that I cannot use financial aid to pay for these classes OR
- I am attending SUNO for the Summer only. I know that I cannot use financial aid to pay for these classes OR
- I am a bridge student. I know that I cannot use financial aid to pay for these classes