Out of State Waiver Information
Undergraduate students who meet the following conditions may request a waiver of out-of-state tuition fees, awards based on incomplete work are subject to cancellation of waiver.
- Entering freshmen must meet Southern University at New Orleans admissions standards.
- Cumulative high school Grade Point Average of 2.7 or higher.
- Transfer students must have completed an AA/AS degree or at least 18 semester credit hours of coursework.
- Cumulative high school Grade Point Average of 2.7 on college-level work.
- Have taken and passed college-level English and Math.
- Students must live in university-owned housing.
- Out-of-state waiver recipients must be full-time students and make satisfactory academic progress.
Note: The following categories of students are not eligible for the waiver. Graduate students; other students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree; international students; and currently enrolled out-of-state students who enrolled prior to the effective date of the policy (Spring 2014).