NEXT GENERATION ACCUPLACER is a placement test to help measure a student’s skills in writing and math.
What to know:
- The Next Generation ACCUPLACER tests are all multiple-choice
- NO time limit on the tests. However, you have up to 4 hours
- An on-screen calculator is available for selected questions
- $25 testing fee
- Students that require testing accommodations will report to the Office of Disability Services
- EMAIL: ODS@SUNO.EDU
- PHONE: 504-810-3312
- Testing is done by appointment only –Please make an appointment at the link below.
In accordance with the Accuplacer Retest Policy, Southern University at New Orleans adheres to the following:
- A student that does not achieve the placement score of 250 will be allowed to retest.
- To retest, the student must wait 14 days from the initial test date. *No Fee for a retest*
- A student who does not achieve the desired course placement score after the second test may test for the third time three months (90 days) after their first retest.
- If a student does pass after their retake, the Office of Admissions then refers the student to SUSLA
OVERVIEW OF ACCUPLACER
Writing – 25 multiple-choice questions
The test measures your ability to revise and edit the multi-paragraph text to effectively express ideas and Standard English conventions such as punctuation.
Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics (QAS) – 20 multiple-choice questions
The Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics placement test is a computer-adaptive assessment of test takers’ ability for selected mathematics content. Questions will focus on various topics, including computing with rational numbers, applying ratios and proportional reasoning, creating linear expressions and equations, graphing and applying linear equations, understanding probability and set notation, and interpreting graphical displays.
Questions are computer-adaptive (a student’s response to each question drives the difficulty level of the next question). The score range is 200 – 300. Final scores are based on the number of questions answered correctly, and the difficulty level of the questions answered correctly. Again, you must achieve a placement score of 250 to qualify for admittance to Southern University at New Orleans.
Visit Next Generation ACCUPLACER for sample questions and explanations:
Ms. Safia Jenkins - Testing Coordinator
6400 Press Drive
New Orleans LA, 70126
Bashful Administration Bldg., Suite 126
Remote tests are done for out-of-state SUNO prospective students only.
Please make an appointment at the link below, and mention you are an out-of-state student in the comments.