Online Registration Instructions
All students are expected to utilize the Banner Online Registration System. This system helps to expedite both the class selection and fee payment procedures. Please follow the instructions below. If you have questions, contact your advisor. For technical support, contact the Information Technology Center Help Desk at 504-286-5254.
- Log in to Banner.
- Select “Enter Secure Area” and use your Social Security Number or Student Identification Number to log in. Your birth date is your Personal Identification Number. Please put it in a six-digit format (Example: June 16, 1994 = 06161994).
- Select “Registration.”
- Select “Drop/Add Courses.”
- Click the semester for which you are register. Then click “Select.”
- To select a course, enter the five-digit call number into the “Add Class” box and click “Submit.” If you do not know the number of a particular course, you can locate it by clicking “Course Selection Search.” Select the subject heading for the course and click “Select” to display available courses. Identify your desired course, and hit “Select” again to display the course sections. Once you see the call number for the section you prefer, you can add the call number into the “Add Class” box as previously instructed.
- To drop a course, go to “Select Course” and click “Select” to display your courses. Identify the course that you want to drop, select “Drop” and click “Submit."
- Once you have completed your registration, please pay all tuition and fees prior to the payment deadline to ensure that you do not incur any late charges or are dropped from your classes for non-payment.