Title IX Office Staff
Patrice Sentino, EdD, DSW, LCSW-BACS, Title IX Coordinator
Office: Natural Sciences Building Room 203
The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for implementing and monitoring Title IX compliance efforts on behalf of SUNO. The Title IX Coordinator’s role is to oversee SUNO’s compliance with Title IX regulation and will:
- Serve as a resource for students wishing to report any acts of sexual misconduct or gender-based discrimination, i.e. violations of Title IX.
- Provide oversight for all Title IX activities and identify patterns, issues, or problems regarding sexual misconduct complaints.
- Review and support the informational initiatives enabling students, staff, administrators, and faculty to fully understand sexual violence and sexual harassment as forms of sexual discrimination and further educate the SUNO campus community about all related policies and procedures.
- Conduct all initial investigations.
TBA, Title IX Deputy Coordinator
TBA, Title IX Administrative Assistant
Adriel A. Hilton, PhD, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) or Title IX Compliance Team
The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART), or Title IX Compliance Team, is intended to coordinate campus and community resources to effectively respond to sexual assault incidents, collect evidence with sensitivity to the complainant and respondent, provide due process to the respondent, and provide the best possible care, when necessary, to involved parties. The SART is not an investigative or adjudicative body but maybe be used in consultation by the Title IX Coordinator during investigations to ensure policies and procedures are being adhered to.
The SART includes representatives from a broad range of campus and community organizations concerned with the needs of sexual assault victims, including participation from health care, counseling, housing, and law enforcement. The SART is coordinated by the Title IX Coordinator.
The SART is comprised of the following areas
- Title IX Chairperson
- Southern University at New Orleans Police Department
- Office of Vice-Chancellor of Student Affairs
- Office of Human Resources
- Residence Life and Housing
- Student Health Center
- University Counseling Center
- Office of Disability Services
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Department of Athletes
- Representatives from the Sexual Trauma Awareness & Response (STAR) Center and the New Orleans Police Department also are available to provide opportunities for community support. These units will provide support to campus procedures but are not active members of the SART.