Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs For Students

How do I get a class schedule?

New Student?            

Please see an advisor in the college of your major (during open registration).


Returning Student?

Please login to your Banner Self-Serve Account & select your classes.


Print Your Class Schedule

Step 1: Select Student,

Step 2: Select Registration,

Step 3: Select Concise Student Schedule,

Step 4: Select File

What’s my Banner Student Number & Pin?

You may use your SSN to login to Banner and the system will convert it to your Banner Student Number. Your Pin Number is your birth date in the MMDDYY format (ex. March 31, 1994 = 033194).  If you have problems logging in, please contact someone in the Registrar’s Office or dial (504) 286-5175 for assistance.

Do I need to see the Registrar’s Office?

The only time you will need to visit the Registrar’s Office is if you need to enroll in an independent study course, if you wish to cross-enroll, or if you need to take an overload for the current term. All Re-Admits must visit the Registrar’s Office located in the Administration Building, Rm. 212; please be advised that there is a $20 re-admit fee that must be paid to the Cashier.

What about my Financial Aid?

If you accepted your initial Financial Aid Award in the Fall or Spring term there is not a separate acceptance during the Summer term. Your Aid should be available for processing; if you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to consult with one of our professionals in the Office of Student Financial Aid.


NOTE: If you submitted a SAP Appeal (which included your Academic Plan) for the previous semester, please review your Academic Plan to make sure you met your Academic goals. If you have misplaced it, please consult your academic advisor.

How do I know if my registration is complete?


  • Log in to the BANNER Student Web and Confirm your account balance for the current term.

  • Title IV recipients should have a -0- Student Account Balance or adequate Authorized or Memoed Financial Aid on your account, or a deferment equivalent to the total outstanding charges for the current term.

  • Students who pay out of pocket should make payment online , at the Cashier Office (in the registration hall) or call (504) 286-5322. Due to the high volume of customers, students may also email or to request a callback.

When can I get a Book Voucher?

Once students finalize registration by securing tuition & fees, book vouchers will be available the following day for use. Subsequently, any charges incurred at the bookstore will post to BANNER Student and reduce the available credit balance.  The book voucher program is only offered during the Fall & Spring semesters and is available from the 1st day of class through the 7th day of class.  All other students will be required to pay for books up front.

When will my registration refund be available?

Provided that a student’s Financial Aid, Scholarships, and or Stipends have posted to their BANNER Student Account, Registration Refunds will be disbursed to your selected refund preference with BankMobile.

For more information about BankMobile, visit this link:

To view our institution's contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank, click here.

Café Cash/Meal Plans?

This non-refundable student imposed fee is assessed to every registered student attending class on campus during the Fall & Spring semesters.  Café Cash is accessible by way of your student ID card and funds may be used at the SUNO Knight’s Dining Hall (located at the rear of the main campus) and at the Aramark POD (located in the Student UC). All special dietary request should be addressed to Knight’s Dining Management by the 14th day of class.  Request made after the 14th class day will not be honored.

ID Cards

Every student needs an ID Card. Require for use of Cafe Cash and all other Meal Plans. ID cards are also required for entry to SUNO student functions and athletic events.

How do I access my student email?

To access your SUNO email account, go to:

Your email address is the first letter of your first name, the first three letters of your last name, your birth month, and birth date, followed by (ex. Jane Jones born on March 31, 1994  =

Do I need a new Parking Permit?

Yes! Parking Permits are required every semester.  Fees are as follows: 

$25   – Students, Faculty, & Staff General Parking (per semester)

$60   – Students, Faculty, & Staff General Parking (annually)

$35   – Student Housing (per semester)

$30   – Horseshoe Lot - Faculty & Staff preferred parking (semester)

$80   – Horseshoe Lot - Faculty & Staff preferred parking (annually)

$125 – Reserved Parking Spots


FAQs For Faculty and Staff     

Coming soon.



This website uses cookies to ensure site visitors get the best experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies and Privacy Statement. To find out more, please visit Southern University's Privacy Statement.