Colleges and Schools
The undergraduate academic programs are provided through the College of Education & Human Development, the College of Business & Public Administration and the School of Social Work.
Learn more about the College of Arts and Sciences and the exceptional faculty, cutting-edge research, notable scholarship, and world-class brilliant students that make us a vibrant, significant component of SUNO ...Read More
Arts & Humanities
- Arts and Humanities houses English, Fine Arts, Geography, History, African-American Studies, Philosophy, Music, Spanish, and Communication.
Arts and Humanities Home
- Offers a unique degree that provides students the flexibility to customize their degrees in an academic program by selecting areas of concentration and minors that combine basic skills with specific areas of study.
Interdisciplinary Studies Program
Health Information Management Systems
- Dedicated to the creation, transmission, and application of knowledge relating to health information management.
Health Information Management Systems Home
- A rigorous course of learning in Museology, the branch of knowledge dedicated to the study of the theories, procedures, and managerial concepts of museums.
- Consists of six units, namely Biology, Chemistry, Forensic Science, Mathematics, Physics, and SUNO-UNO Dual Engineering.
Natural Sciences Home
- Consists of Criminal Justice, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Addictive Behaviors Counseling, and Prevention.
Social Sciences Home
Equips students with cutting-edge knowledge, professional and research skills, and ethical decision-making abilities essential for successful careers in business, industry, education, government, and for further studies at graduate and professional levels. ...Read More
Provides students with solid training in management education.
Business Administration Home
Computer Information Systems
Provides a degree that equips students with knowledge and skills essential for careers in business and government, or for pursuing further studies.
Students receive a general foundation in the nature of the public workplace and its administrative, political and legal environments.
Public Administration Home
Prepares effective and reflective professional educators who think critically and analytically, and who are transformative practitioners and learner advocates for children functioning in global environments. ...Read More
The Early Childhood Education Program prepares professionals who primarily work in the public systems’ Kindergarten through 3rd grade (PreK-3).
The Elementary Education Program prepares candidates to teach in Grades 1-5 classrooms.
Teacher Education Home
Child Development & Family Studies
Prepares students to function in a variety of occupations promoting family life, and family/community development.
Child Development & Family Studies Home
The School of Social Work at SUNO is located in a culturally diverse city which serves as an incubator for our students. ...Read More
Prepares students to recognize and address the inequities in social justice and human rights for all, but more importantly, for persons who are disenfranchised.