The Student Support Services TRIO Program has been refunded for another five years!
Southern University at New Orleans Student Support Services (SSS) TRIO Program
The Southern University at New Orleans Student Support Services (SSS) TRIO Program has been refunded for another five years (2020 – 2025). The U.S. Department of Education recently awarded the SUNO SSS Program a five-year grant in the amount of $564,858.00 annually, which brings the five-year award amount to $2,822,925.00. The SUNO SSS TRIO Program has been in existence for forty-three years and has consistently exceeded its program objectives for persistence, good academic standing, and graduation rates.
Goals of the SUNO SSS TRIO Program
- Increase retention and graduation rates through a holistic approach
- Deepen undergraduate students’ critical thinking competencies
- Increase student persistence
- Promote degree completion and realization of career or academic goals.
- First-generation college student— A student whose parents have not received a baccalaureate degree.
- Low Income-eligible student— A student whose family meets federal income 150% poverty level eligibility guidelines.
- Student with disabilities— A student who has a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act.