The SUNO Economic & Urban Tourism Program was organized to engage local tourism-related small businesses from the Greater New Orleans area in development and assistance so that they benefit from New Orleans’ strong tourism industry.
Founded in 1999, the program assists businesses primarily through:
- Business/professional development seminars
- Promotional assistance (including advertising and marketing)
- Business excursions
The program started in 2000 out of need to assist entrepreneurs with tourism-related products and services. Some of the businesses assisted include:
- Community Book Center
- Cristal’s Transportation
- John Anne Brown, Gospel Entertainer
- Lady Tambourine, Rosalie Washington
- Mr. Apple’s Gourmet Candy Apples
- Old Gentilly Spicy Kitchen
- Sheila’s Fine Art Gallery
SUNO's Economic & Urban Tourism Program is a member of the New Orleans Multicultural Tourism Network.