Students, Faculty and Staff

New students must obtain an ID card upon matriculation. Faculty and Staff are encouraged to obtain an ID card upon hire date. The first initial ID card is provided at no cost.

Requirements to Receive Card

For faculty and staff, you must be currently employed. ... For students, you must be enrolled in the current semester and all University financial obligations must be satisfied.

When to Carry the ID Card

All faculty, staff and students should carry their ID cards whenever they are on campus, using the campus shuttle or other resources. During periods of heightened security, access to the campus may be limited to those in possession of a current valid University ID Card.

Replacement Cards

Only current faculty, staff and students may receive replacement student ID cards.

Damaged or Updated Cards

Faculty, staff and students may replace damaged ID cards or cards showing outdated information in the Information Technology Center. No fee is charged if a current card is exchanged for the new card.

For a name change or correction, documentation of the faculty, staff or student’s legal name is required (in the form of a driver’s license, passport, marriage license, etc.). Please contact the Registrar’s Office to obtain a name change or correction.

Lost or Stolen Cards

Lost or stolen University ID Cards can be replaced in the Information Technology Center. You must present some other form of positive identification (picture ID) to replace the lost or stolen card. There is a $10 charge to replace a lost or stolen card.

Information Technology Center

6895 Press Drive

New Orleans, LA. 70126


Monday – Friday

8 a.m. – Noon

2 – 5 p.m.


Timolynn Sams ('98) was selected by the Utne Reader as one of their 2008 "50 Visionaries Who Are Changing Your World."