YOU ARE READY
The best way to experience all that college life has to offer you is by enjoying the independence of living in our university residence halls. Living on campus will surround you with friends, fun and endless opportunities to pursue your academic and co-curricular interests. With a diverse student body and a wide variety of activities on campus, it’s easy to find a place to fit in and make memories that will last a lifetime.
In fact, research shows that when you live on-campus you will improve your classroom performance, be more likely to graduate on time and develop connections that are more lasting.
ADVANTAGES OF LIVING ON CAMPUS
- Become more independent.
- Take on more responsibility.
- Manage your time.
- Make lifelong friends.
RESIDENTIAL APARTMENT OVERVIEW
- Our 21 residential apartments are home to approximately 700 SUNO students, faculty and staff.
- We offer a variety of residential apartments and room styles as well as meal plan options.
- We have dedicated apartments for first-year and upper-class students as well as Faculty and Staff.
- Convenient study areas and community spaces located in the Clubhouse.
- Social, community, diversity and educational programming.
- Dedicated professional and student staff to build community and enhance the living environment.
RESIDENTIAL APARTMENT AMENITIES
- A comfortable, furnished room with a bed, desk, desk chair, wardrobe/closet.
- Free access to wireless and/or hard-wired internet service.
- FreeCox cable television.
- Free laundry machines in every residential apartment
- Free Campus Shuttle service to connect you with local communities, shopping, and entertainment.
- Close proximity to classrooms, library, Student Recreation, and Fitness Center, and dining pods located throughout campus.
RESIDENCE LIFE MISSION STATEMENT
It is the mission of the Office of Residential Life at Southern University at New Orleans to ensure a safe, secure and supportive environment within our vibrant community where students have the opportunity to create meaningful relationships while achieving academic and personal success. The Office of Residential Life strives to embraces the SUNO traditions through interactions with students.
- Provide a safe and secure environment in the Residential Apartments
- Establish an inclusive community
- Provide opportunities to residents through collaborative efforts with other departments
- Enrich the academic experience for all residents outside the classroom