Lost and Found
Property found by members of the Southern University at New Orleans community may be turned in at any time to Lost and Found Services at the Southern University at New Orleans Police Department. The central Lost and Found is located at SUNO Police headquarters on the Park Campus, Maintenance Building at 6400 Press Drive., New Orleans, La 70126. Students, faculty, staff, and visitors are encouraged to inquire about lost or misplaced articles. You may inquire in person or call us at (504) 286-5290, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. SUNOPD Lost Item Inquiry Form
Examples of accepted Items
- Cell Phones
- MP3 players/iPods
- Items having ownership information
Examples of items not accepted
- Clothing items
- Perishable items / Food
- Flammable Items (lighters, etc)
- Small recreational items (soccer balls, frisbees, baseballs, etc)
- Personal grooming items (combs, brushes, bows, ribbons, scrunchies, etc)
- Intentionally abandoned property (electronic equipment that obviously does not work, damaged furniture, items placed by trash containers for disposal, etc)
- Office supplies (individual notebooks, pens, etc)
Contraband and Items of high dollar value Items considered contraband or of high dollar value shall be turned over to SUNOPD immediately upon receipt. This includes weapons such as guns, switchblade knives, knives with blades longer than four inches, etc. This also includes illegal substances such as marijuana, found prescription drugs, fireworks, and items of a high dollar value.
Found items are held for 60 days minimum at which time they are disposed of by donating to a charitable organization or destroyed. Anyone claiming lost and found property at the SUNO Police must show positive identification such as SUNO identification or a driver's license.