Students enrolled for one or more credits at SUNO can install Microsoft Office software for free on their personal computers through the Student Advantage program.
The program provides access to Office 365 ProPlus, a full version of Office, including:
- …and more!
Students can install the software on up to five computers, including Windows and Mac. Students can also access Office mobile applications on iPhones and Android phones.
The software has the same features and functions as other versions of Office and can be used offline; however, students must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to verify they are still eligible for the program.
The Student Advantage program is being offered through the Office 365 student email and calendar system, provided by the Southern University at New Orleans in partnership with Microsoft.
Download and Install Office 365 ProPlus
- Go to http://outlook.com/my.suno.edu
- Log in using your student email address (first letter of your first name, the first three letters of your last name, your birthday month, and date, followed by @my.suno.edu.) and password
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, and then select Office 365 settings
- Click Software in the left menu
- Select your desired Language
- If you are installing Office for Windows, Microsoft recommends using the 32-bit installation
- Click Install to download and install the latest version of Office
If your computer is not compatible with the latest version of Office, you can choose to select the previous version at the bottom of the screen in step 5.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I keep my license for Office 365 ProPlus?
Students enrolled for one or more credits at SUNO are eligible for the Office 365 ProPlus license. Students must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to verify they are still eligible for the program. Students who graduate or are no longer enrolled for credit after spring semester will lose their license shortly after the start of fall semester. Students who graduate or are no longer enrolled for credit after fall semester will lose their license shortly after the start of spring semester. When the license expires, students retain read-only access to their Microsoft Office files.
What is included with Office 365 ProPlus subscription license?
- Office 365 ProPlus for PC (Office 2013 ProPlus base applications)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Mac (Office 2011 for Mac base applications)
- Office Mobile for iPhone
- Office Mobile for Android
How many devices can I install the software on?
Each subscription license allows you to install Microsoft Office on up to five computers. You can also run Office Mobile for Android or iPhone on up to five mobile devices.
Is this a full version of Office, available for offline use?
Yes. The software has the same features and functions as other versions of Office and can be used offline
What applications are included with Office 365 ProPlus for Windows?
What applications are included with Office 365 ProPlus for Mac?