The Office of Institutional Effectiveness supports quality data and decisions for the University to maintain an environment conducive to learning and growth.
Interim Director, Quality Enhancement Plan
Bashful Administration Building, Room 127
Director, Institutional Research, Effectiveness and Strategic Planning
BAB, Room 127
Bashful Administration Building, Room 126
Institutional Effectiveness is committed to:
- Excellence in customer service
- Integrity in data collection and analysis
- Confidentiality of information
- Accurate and timely data
- Collaborative working relationships
In implementing this commitment, Institutional Effectiveness complies with the Code of Ethics established by the Association for Institutional Research.
Learning Outcomes Assessment
The primary goal of the learning outcomes assessment is
on-going improvement of the academic regimen which students adhere to
during their undergraduate and graduate matriculation and maintain
SUNO’s standard of education quality. We are constantly exploring new
statistical techniques to shed light on how SUNO will grow and have a
better educational experience.
Southern University at New Orleans, a public, historically black university, empowers and promotes the upward mobility of diverse populations of traditional and nontraditional students through quality academic programs and service to achieve excellence in higher education.
ACT Residual Testing (for students)
SUNO’s ACT Residual Exam is administered to enrolled or admitted students who were unable to test on a national test date.
How It Works
- Results are reported only to Southern University at New Orleans.
- Neither student reports, high school reports nor Additional Score Reports will be reported to any other institution.
- Testing can be conducted on any date except an ACT national test date.
- Students may not repeat residual testing until 60 days have passed since their previous testing.
Please download the SUNO ACT Residual Exam Reminder so you will know when your testing date is. You will Adobe Acrobat to access the form.
- Click the SUNO ACT Residual Exam Reminder link,
- fill out online, and
- print the form. If you cannot print the form save it on your computer or a removable disk.