SUNO participates in the GRE Fee Reduction Program for the 2017-2018 testing year.
The program allows institutions to make GRE Fee Reduction Certificates available to eligible college seniors and unenrolled college graduates who meet the GRE Board guidelines. A student may receive one GRE Fee Reduction Certificate. The certificate may be applied toward the test fees for one GRE General Test, and/or one Subject Test. Individuals who receive a GRE Fee Reduction Certificate will be required to pay 50 percent of the 2015-2016 GRE test fee and other applied fees. Only one Fee Reduction Certificate may be issued to a student by SUNO (not one per test).Starting in July 2015, individuals who are approved for a GRE Fee Reduction may retake a GRE test for 50 percent of the full test fee within one calendar year of the receipt of their original Fee Reduction Certificate and ISIR materials without resubmitting a new Fee Reduction Certificate or ISIR form. These individuals can complete the Declaration of Eligibility form available at www.ets.org, and send it with the appropriate payment and registration form(s) to GRE-ETS, Financial Need Fee Reduction Program, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton NJ 08541-6000.GRE Board Guidelines:The student must be a U.S. Citizen or resident alien and have completed a 2013-2014 FAFSA. Using the results, the student must be:
- a dependent senior with a parent contribution of no more than $1,500 or
- an independent senior with an Expected Family Contribution of no more than $1,900 or
- an independent unenrolled college graduate with an Expected Family Contribution of no more than $1,900.
There are no appeals for this criteria. SUNO cannot issue a certificate unless these criteria are met. Process:
- The student requests a Fee Reduction Certificate from the Office of Student Financial Assistance by calling 504-286-5263.
- The office will print the student record from the FAFSA and complete a Fee Reduction Certificate, if the student meets the above criteria, set by Educational Testing Service (ETS) criteria.
- Certificates may be picked up in Administration Building, Room 164.
- All items are mailed by the student to ETS, with the test materials