The Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs (OGSP) is responsible for assisting faculty, staff and administrators with pre-award services; such as preparing and submitting proposals, developing and conducting workshops and seminars, and providing regulatory oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist faculty members, staff members and administrators in preparing and submitting competitive proposals to external sources of support for instructional, service, and research activities.
- To develop workshops and seminars on opportunities, issues, and tasks related to extramural support.
- To provide oversight of federal, state, and university compliance issues.
- To maintain a current online bibliography of funding agencies.
- To collect and maintain records of internal research activities.
Some specific services are:
- Providing information regarding grant opportunities;
- Assisting in obtaining information and forms related to proposal preparation and submission;
- Assisting in the development of budgets for grant and contract proposals;
- Assisting with the internal proposal routing and approval process;
- Providing the Principal Investigator / Project Director with the applicable regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to the administration of sponsored projects.
Post award services are provided by the Budget Manager/Post Award Administrator. Some specific functions performed include:
- In conjunction with the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration, engages in fiscal and business negotiations with awarding agencies;
- Facilitates the internal and external contract approval process;
- Set up new awards within the university and Southern University System;
- Provides contract administrative support, monitors contractual compliance;
- Oversee the closeout process for all sponsored projects.
Submitting a Proposal
No proposal may be submitted on behalf of the University without proper notice to the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs and the consent and approval of the Chancellor.
- To assure minimum proper review, the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs should receive a completed Proposal Routing Form along with the proposal at least ten (10) working days before the deadline date. We would prefer to receive proposals 30 to 60 days prior to the due date in order that we may assist you with “guaranteeing” the funding of the proposal.
Dr. William Belisle
Bashful Administration Building, Room 316