- The Ribbon spans the top of Word above the document, . Thee buttons on the Ribbon to tell Word what you want to do.
- You begin typing at the insertion point. The insertion point is a blinking vertical line located in the upper-left corner of the page,
- The blank spaces to the left and above the insertion point are margins. If you begin typing at the insertion point, the page will begin to fill, starting in the upper-left corner.
- The ENTER key on your keyboard will move the insertion point further down the page. Click it as many times as you like until the insertion point is where you want to begin typing.
- to indent the first line you type, press the TAB key on your keyboard before you start to type. The insertion point will move one-half inch to the right.
- As you type, the insertion point moves to the right. When you get to the end of a line on the right side of the page it is not necessary to press the ENTER key, just continue to type. Word will move on to the next line automatically as you type.
- To start a new paragraph, press ENTER key.